Thursday, January 22, 2009

been feeling a bit down lately

ok. so I suppose this is my first REAL post!
The reason I originally decided to start this blog is because ive been feeling really down and sad lately and wanted somewhere to vent my feelings so that maybe it would help to make me feel better.
I hope people dont think I am always this depressing, however, as the funny thing is that usually im a happy cheerful person. usually i look at my life and think, wow i am so lucky to have such a good life.
but lately, its been different. nothing great has changed to cause this shift in feelings though. I've been looking up depression etc. online and found many people get depressed when dumped by a spouse, lost a job, had a baby, or grieving the loss of someone.
I have to admit this kind of made me a little bit ashamed.... I mean.... these are real problems... real-life tragedies that could easily make anyone feel sad and lonely. So whats my excuse? Why have I suddenly decided that my life is crap, when nothing this serious has happened to me?

....well... as this is my first post i think it may take me a little while before i fully open up and explain everything ... but for now I will just say that I have a problem with my dad.... lets just say we really dont get along (putting it mildly!!).... but to be honest its always been like this... ive always fought with him, and yes this does get me down and sad but usually i can snap out of it more or less straight away... not this time though... and thats whats bugging me! why are these sad feelings hanging around for so long??

hmmmm im not even sure if this post will make sense to anyone as ive just blurted out all my feelings in one go! I think i will leave it at that and talk about the other reasons as to why ive been feeling so low and sad the next time i post a message...

...yeah...i think ill leave it now and see what response i get from this, see if i feel any better after writing this.
I'll be back soon though :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey mysterious girl,

    Don't get down on yourself for feeling the way you do. Feeling bad over family is natural. These are people who are supposed to love you unconditionally, but sometimes that gets lost in false expectations and miscommunication. You seem to know what makes you upset, and that's the first step to solving these kinds of problems.

    Both me and my wife recovered from depression. I got it from a girl dumping me, but my wife was more like you. She had been pushed in a direction so long that was so opposed to what she wanted out of her life that she just snapped. Not saying this is what your going through, but to give you an example of how someone can have a "great" life and still be depressed. She was a straight A student and was accepted to MIT with almost a full ride, but she was miserable because it wasn't who she was. It was who her family wanted her to be.

    I learned to laugh at life's misfortunes a long time ago, so anytime you need a pick me up, you can head over to my blog. I tend to have a unique way of looking at the world that some find amusing. Least that's what I'm told. Anyway, hope you feel better.

    your new follower

    RileyScott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,
    Glad to hear that you will be continuing your blog. Keep writing and they will come. Take care. Rick

    ReplyDelete